Through this initiative, MATV trains and supports local citizens to cover subjects and issues in their own neighborhood, writing and reporting using simple media tools such as mobile phones and social media. Citizens are trained to upload their stories to NeighborhoodView.org.
Requirements? You must be a member of the Malden community and a MATV member. Click here to download our agreement.
Stories can include text, audio only, still photos and/or video clips.
Citizen journalism is intended to engagee citizens of a community into action around issues, events and initiatives facing them in their own community.
- Participatory art project lets us touch hands in a time of COVID-19
- Bread of Life perseveres with its mission in spite of challenges
- Malden confronts the new COVID-19 reality
- Building a Business and the Role of Generosity
- From San Francisco to Malden: My Father’s Journey
- Nothing Trivial About this Pursuit: Maldonians support the library with annual competition
High School students create video about Malden’s first mayor